Recycled Plastic Bottle Angel




Here is an angel I made from a coffee creamer bottle. I cut out the bottom so it can be put on our Christmas tree. The body is covered with stampted tissue paper. The wings are also tissue paper wrapped onto wire forms. Her head was sculpted from polymer clay with a crown inserted in her head. I go through so many of these bottles I wanted to try to incorporate them into my art.

I was inspired to show you this angel because Zeb who is in my Latest Trends in Mixed Media yahoo group created a tutorial to recycle plastic bottles into works of art. She did a fabulous job and I am sure it will inspire you as well. Please check out her blog for this awesome tutorial
http://www.amstamps.com/recycleit
Let me know what you think!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Denise - I love this angel. I have made a snowman out of the bottles before. It was for a swap so I am going back to look for a pic of it. - Nicki
photoholly said…
Your angel is so creative and wonderful! That's great that she sits on top of your tree! This would be a neat thing for my son to do for his teacher. Thanks for showing us your angel!
photoholly said…
I linked you on my blog. I just love that angel!
mary schweitzer said…
This is really cute. I love the wings.
Mary
ANNETTE HUSBAND said…
thanks to Zeb for the link here and to you for the gorgeous angel recycled art...it's lovely
cheers
Annette in Oz
Anonymous said…
Found you through Hollys blog, this is a wonderful piece of art. I am in love with it.
Ang

Popular Posts